Welcome, Perusers of the Internets

Hello, please enjoy my blog.
If you do not, please feel free to kiss my ass instead of shitting on me.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 21 March 2012

New Easy (Cheating) Soup Recipe!

Hello! This is a sort of soupy concoction that I have been frequently making since I've stopped eating meat. It's extraordinarily filling and I'm quite sure that it's high fiber. Just on a side note, this new vegetarian diet is suiting me relatively well I think, I've been feeling well and sort of well-balanced in my overall nutrition. Also, it discourages me from eating out :)
Oh right...THE SOUP!
Ruby's Super Easy Cheating Soup Recipe:
You will need:
-2 cartons of "Gardennay" potage soups (I like "market vegetable" and broccoli or carrot)
-Macaroni (I like Healthy Harvest whole grain pasta)
-1 can of prepared lentils (any variety will do)
Preparation:
1. Combine the two soups of your choice in a large pot, simmer them but don't let them come to a boil, stirring regularly.
2. Cook pasta while the soups are simmering (make about the amount you would make if you intended to eat one bowl of macaroni)
3. Open the can of lentils and rinse them EXTREMELY thoroughly to make sure all the weird goo they are stored in doesn't end up inside you.
4. Once the pasta is cooked and the lentils are rinsed, strain the pasta and combine everything in the pot with the soup.
5. Enjoy your healthy, vegetarian, high-fiber meal.

**Some additional comments:
-Please give whole wheat pasta a chance, I am sure you'll like it if you open your mind, I'm extremely picky and never thought I would take to it, but I now prefer the flavor.
-If you want to give this soup a little something extra, try chili powder and red pepper flakes.
-I know this recipe sounds a bit bullshit but it is perfect for a student budget and for anyone who wants to feel FULL and still have a healthy meal. Plus it takes only minutes to prepare.

2 comments:

  1. Yayy!! You put on the fabulous recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also now prefer the brown pasta.....soup sounds great! keep up your healthy eating.

    ReplyDelete