Welcome, Perusers of the Internets

Hello, please enjoy my blog.
If you do not, please feel free to kiss my ass instead of shitting on me.

Total Pageviews

Friday 4 November 2011

Les Enfants Terribles

Ok, so I figured I might as well do a restaurant review since I'm at school and I have a long break during which I can't seem to find anything better to do. My boyfriend took me out to a restaurant recently :) called Les Enfants Terribles (corner Bernard and Champagneur) and it was absolutely awesome. Although I had been there before a year ago, this recent visit has renewed my wish to tell people about how good it was.

The ambiance of the place is kind of loud but it didn't bother me at all and I was in a festive mood. I had one of their cocktails, a slightly altered mojito that they call the "mojito d'Outremont". It was very fresh and had a pleasant sweetness, the mint was sufficient, but not overpowering. So good results there. For the meal I ordered fish and chips (a perennial favorite of mine that I order everywhere). The fish and chips at Les Enfants Terribles is the best I have ever had. I know that's a highly controversial claim since I've recently been to England and had fish and chips at least 7 times while I was there, but honestly, this was the best. My boyfriend had a pâté chinois made with braised joue de boeuf instead of ground beef and the meat was so tender and full of flavour that it almost changed my perspective on this usually bland dish that I generally dislike.
After all this satisfying food, we decided what the hell let's get a dessert. We had a pouding chômeur, which was warm, sweet, and overall delicious. The service was also good and the owner kept coming and asking us if we liked the food, which I thought was kind of pleasant. Basically, you should all go to this restaurant, it wasn't that expensive and the food was really more than worth it.


4 comments:

  1. ok Ruby....i'm available to go eat there anytime!!! i will definitely have the fish and chips

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your description....if your Mom and I ever end up in Mtl together, we'll have to try that place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, you guys would love it. It's definitely the kind of food that's easy to like, :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. now i really want to go there
    merci pour la belle idée de sortie! :)

    ReplyDelete